Bear Valley School Age Child Care is currently hiring qualified staff for before and after school care, as well as staff for Camp Bear Valley summer camp. We are searching for someone who is dependable, dedicated and would like to be a part of our program long-term. Candidates should be kind, patient and flexible with children, and have a genuine interest in working with children. This is a fantastic opportunity for college students who attend class during the afternoon, those who desire to work in the field of early/elementary education, or for those who just love working with children! In addition to a competitive hourly compensation rate, we can also offer funding for ongoing education/training for those that desire.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Responsible work ethic with reliable attendance.
- Be friendly and able to work well amongst other staff.
- Work well independently and in a group setting.
- Be able to successfully pass a background check prior to employment if offered the position.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be available for staff trainings & meetings (occasionally on Saturdays).
- Be able to complete and maintain CPR and First Aid Training certification at employer’s expense.
- Obtain a current Food Handler’s Card or ability to obtain one at employer’s expense.
- Be willing and able to stand for an extended period of time as well as kneel, bend, or lift at least 30+ pounds.
- Previous experience working with children is preferred but not required.
All BVCA Staff are responsible for providing and ensuring a welcoming, safe and fun environment during the school year for school-aged children (ages 5-12). Program Staff will maintain a 1:10 ratio (one staff per 10 children) at all times.
- Actively participate and engage in a fun, appropriate, and friendly manner, with school-aged children, in multiple areas of the program, which include the gym, art room, outside and multipurpose room.
- Monitor the children at all times and keep them safe.
- Be familiar of the programs policies and procedures and licensing codes/regulations, parent & staff handbook.
- Participate in multiple indoor & outdoor activities.
- Work in a loud, upbeat, fast-paced environment.
- Plan fun and engaging activities for multiple age ranges, such as art activities, science experiments, interest centers and cooking activities.
- Greet parents of the children in the program on a daily basis.
- Prepare and serve breakfast and snack for the children, as well as complete set-up and clean-up during meal times.
- Communicate with staff management and other program staff members in a professional and friendly manner.
- Some cleaning & housekeeping duties are required.
Compensation starts at $12.50 per hour and goes up depending on education and experience.
We offer generous paid time off, as we are closed during ASD’s winter break & spring break. We also do our best to implement a work/life balance environment.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume & completed application, link below, to us @ firstname.lastname@example.org , or contact us at 907-310-4122 for questions.